A close relative in Canada can sponsor you to immigrate to Canada under certain conditions, which include that the sponsor must be:
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada;
- 19 years of age or older;
- Able to show financial ability to sponsor you and undertake to do so for a certain period of time (usually 3 years or more, depending on the case);
- Be physically present in Canada (there is an exception for sponsoring spouses).
Who can be sponsored?
- Common law and married spouses;
- Dependent children;
- Unmarried orphans;
- Brother or Sister;
- Nephew or Niece;
- Grandson or Granddaughter under 19;
- Some Adopted children.
There are certain income requirements for the sponsor which need to be discussed with a competent legal advisor. Further, the person being sponsored must not be medically and criminally inadmissible. All immigration applicants are required to undergo criminal background checks and medical examinations.
Our lawyers can easily and quickly help you determine whether any of those issues could pose a problem for you. CONTACT US